8.13.2005

Hello.

Hi. I'm Thimbelle's daughter. I go to the Shriners Hospital for Children because I have club feet, and some other problems. Sometimes I have a lot of pain.

Something that's important to me is normality.

The other day my mom and I were at the store. I was having a lot of pain so we used one of the stores wheelchairs. My mom and I were getting some soda pop when a kid comes up to me and says, "Man, I feel sorry for you." I was upset because I don't want other people's sympathy. Then I was rolling down the main aisle and everyone started staring at me like I'm an animal in a cage.

That's what upsets me the most. When people just stare at you. I have always wondered what they were thinking. I think that most of the people who stare at me are thinking that I am someone they should feel sorry for. I think that a few of the people who stare at me are thinking that I am dumb; that I am not as smart as I should be, or like I am some kind of alien from outer space that doesn't belong.

The truth is that I am just a normal kid who has pain sometimes, and who sometimes has to use a wheelchair. I just want people to know the truth about kids like me.

3 comments:

Thimbelle said...

Congratulations, sweetie! I am SO proud of you!

Now, get to work ont those next posts!
(insert evil laugh)

(((hugs!)))

Mom

Art Lad said...

That kid was a poop head. I hope he gets a big itch on his back where he can't scratch it.

I'm all mad now.

But! I put you on my list.

Bye!

Johnny C. said...

What people don't understand sometimes frightens them or even makes them judgemental.

Adversity can be our friend though.

"Do not fear the winds of adversity. Remember: A kite rises against the wind rather than with it."