10.30.2005

Going Back!

As you know I have been doing homeschool. Well, guess what? Not any more!

A couple of weeks ago I was at Girl Scouts. Our troop has our meetings at the sixth grade center. We were going on a troop field trip to our new fire station. We were still at the sixth grade center and my mom said that she would be right back. It took her FOREVER to get back.

Later that night, during dinner mom said that she talked to Mrs. C, the cousnelor, about going back to public school. Mom said that she would talk to dad about it and that it might take them a couple of days to decide. She said that I also might have to take a test to see if I'm smart enough to be in the sixth grade.

Mrs. C called the next day. She said that she checked my grades from the 5th grade at the elementary school, and that I OBVIOUSLY didn't need to take the test! Yay! Then mom and I went to the sixth grade center and had a tour. Mrs. C told us about how they could split my schedule so that I can go half days. That will make it easier with the wheelchair, and my pain. My mom took a bunch of paperwork home to fill out, and we brought it back the next day. My dad came too, and we all took a tour, and saw where my locker would be.

We even went and met the lunch ladies, and my mom and dad left money for my lunch card. Then I had to go home and get my backpack ready. My mom and I had to go find school supplies and book covers, and she even got me a few new clothes!

Now I'm going to school at the sixth grade center with all of my friends from elementary school, plus like 500 other kids too! I've been making new friends, and I love all of my teachers so much! I go to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd period on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and then I go to 4th, 5th, and 6th period on Tuesday and Thursday. I even get to eat lunch with my friends on Tuesday and Thursday!

Maybe one of these days I'll get to go to school full-time, but until then I am still happy to go to school again!

1 comment:

Flip said...

I'm so glad you're going to school now! I miss having fun with my friends and all my zany teachers from 7th and 8th grade (8th grade the most. :P)

I hope it's fun! I don't know if your grade levels are different from mine there, but the 6th 7th, and 8th grades were the best years of school I've had yet. :)