5.31.2007

I'm back from the dead!

Yeah, thats right! I'm back! You're probably wondering whats new in my life, huh? Well, not much actually... well, now that I think about it, alot has changed... I hang out with a different group of people, I changed my style, my family is changing, and alot of other things too... hmm... where to start...

Well, lets just start with the new friends...
I used to hang out with the "preps." Yep, you heard me right... I was a prep...
I always hung out with this group of people at lunch, but at one point, the "head girl" of the group, told me that, "Every one thinks that you are a retarded b!tc# because you were in a wheelchair." So, one thing lead to another, and I started sitting with the "punk/goth" kids... (or whatever you call them... I've been told that I was several things; emo, punk, goth, skater, etc.)
I really didn't know any of them, but they were the only people who weren't "cookie-cutters." (aka bra-stuffing cheerleaders who all wear tight skirts and crop-tops)
That was about 6 or 7 months ago I guess. And I'm now one of the most "well-known" kids at my school...
Yeah, thats right kids, Twinks found herself... and she loves it!
I'm a lot more social than I used to be... Like, instead of being afraid of talking to people, I just go up and say hi...
I really have changed, and my mom says that she sees it too. she says that its a good thing to have a social life, but to keep my grades up too, which I am doing... :)

So, some of you are probably wondering if little Twinks has had any crushes. Well, in a short answer, yes, I have had my fair share of "school-girl crushes" but all of them have failed miserably... but, I figure that I'm only 13... thats at least 7-10 more years of dating... O.o ... wow thats alot... but yeah, here are some of my recent stories:

Um, lets see... I'll start off with B...
Well, he was cute, and smart... yeah, thats about it... we were best friends, but stuff has been weird between us ever since he found out that I liked him. I don't anymore though...

Ok, next is J...
It all started with a promise. My best friend (S) and I both liked J... but neither of us had the guts to tell him, so we made a pact... that we would both tell J how we felt. We both told him (in different ways, mind you. she said it in a text message, I told him in a note) and now J is like my big brother... but thats just it. I knew that J didn't like me, but I never really knew why. So, I asked him to go with me as a friend to our school dance. That was a mistake... First, he told me that, "Well, I would, but my girlfriend would get jealous." Ok, thats fine. Then he said, "Well, I lied. My girlfriend is actually a boyfriend. I'm bi." Ok, thats fine too. I have other friends who are bi. Cool. But we weren't done yet... Then he says, "I lied again. I'm not bi. I'm gay. I can't like you because I'm gay." That was it for me. So yeah, I may have shed a tear or two. I was more mad at him for lying then anything though... But, stuff is cool between us now. He is going out with my friend, Zee. I really am glad that they are happy. (Its kind of ironic, I also just found out that one of my girl friends is a lesbian. All of my friends are changing, in one way or another...)

And my most recent crush, C.
Ahh, yes. C. Wow, what to say? Well, basically I liked him because he is one of those cute, skater, mysterious type of guys. But it was mainly the cute part... We flirted at the school dance (yeah, the one that I asked J too) but then he ended up making out with his girlfriend, so I backed off...


So, thats whats been going on lately... I'll be posting more often now that schools out. I'll be saying more about whats been going on, but not now... I'm tired, and my bed looks really comfy from here...


Back from the dead,
Twinks

5 comments:

Thimbelle said...

Twinks, dear:

I'm so glad you are blogging again!

And remember: while you might be emo at school, at home you'll always be my little Twinkalotta!

:::ducking and running:::

XO Mom :)

teneal ann said...

Twinks!

Glad to hear from you again. I'm glad you've found a place in school. I did the same thing- at your age, too! I used to hang out with all the advanced classes kids until I found out the goth/punks/daredevils were more fun to hang out with, mostly because they're more accepting in general.

And it's really annoying when guys do the whole I could like you thing, then wait no I can't I have a boyfriend hold on no ti's a boyfriend. Had it happen to me, same turnout- the guy is one of my brothers now.

Sometime in the future (if you're allowed to go on a date like to the movies, park, or those school dances) you ought to ask out one of your friends that you normally wouldn't. A lot of the times, the people you crush on are cool, but you can find things to crush on about somebody you already know and don/t like.

Then again- you /are/ thirteen and you have ages to go. I had my first date at sixteen, so relax and have fun, especially in groups so you have somebody else to talk to if things get awkward.

Don't grow up too fast though. I miss not worrying about guys.

- Love, Tenn

Rurality said...

I remember when I was 13, but that was way back in the stone ages. (Before video games or even computers!) So I'm depending on you to keep me updated on what's going on nowdays, ok? :)

Chuck said...

Hey Twinks, glad you had a good year in school. You sound like you're successfully "finding yourself" much better than I was at your age...of course, that journey never truly ends. Have a great summer!

Flip said...

I remember hanging out with those kids. I still kinda do, but once you get into highschool you either find tighter cliques or looser ones. :) I'm one of the kids that's mostly with the Theatre kids. We're goofy and not afraid to show it.

And as for boys: Boys are funky. But it's best to have a best friend you can trust that a cutie you hardly know. ;) That's how T and I have been together for so long. (A year and three months! *knocks on wood*)

Glad to see you back. :) I'm going to try and stay more up-and-up on my blog too.