8.20.2008

A meme!! Yay!

Haha, now I'm all excited. I don't get tagged that much for memes because I'm only a kid. But I got tagged by Melinda!! Yay!

Ok, so here are the rules I must follow:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog; some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Okie dokie, lets get started.

1. I'm a sucker for 80's movies.
Yeah, it's true. You name any teen movie from the 80's and I've probably seen it. Like, 5 times. Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles, Can't Buy Me Love, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, etc. I even have 2 Breakfast Club posters on the wall in my room.

2. The popular kids love my clothes.
Yep yep. In my school, I'm pretty much at the bottom of the food chain, popularity wise. So, when one of the most popular girls in school compliments you on your style, its a big deal. Now, I'm not saying that I want to be popular, or that I care how popular I am. I just thought it was pretty darn funny when the most popular girl in school tried copying my style. I'm like the only girl in my whole school that wears neon florescent colors. (Or as my friends like to call it, "Scene" which is apparently like "Emo" but with more colors and happiness. I hate labels... I'm confused...)

3. I love to read.
I do love to read. But at my school, we have this stupid system that forces us to read, which takes all the fun out of it. I guess that's why I never really posted about it before...

4. I still listen to the Backstreet Boys.
Haha, sad but true. I guess because I grew up with them as a little girl, they're kind of ingrained into my brain. I can still dance to NSYNC too. Lol.

5. I've driven coast to coast.
Long story short, my aunt passed away, and we had to drive from the east coast to the west coast one summer. It was fun. I saw the mountains, the valleys, the deserts, and everything in between.

6. I've never been on a roller coaster.
We used to have an amusement park within 30 minutes of my tiny town a few years ago, so naturally, many of my friends went to it. I've never been a fan of heights (yet I still love flying. Weird, huh?) and things that make me puke, so naturally, roller coasters were just never my thing. I still to this day have never been on one. It's kind of one of my goals in life. Ride one roller coaster before I die.

7. I had a crush on Proto Zoa.
Many of you won't know who Proto Zoa is. I don't blame you. He was the hearthrob stellar singer from the "Zenon" movies. They ran on disney channel when I was like 5 years old. And I just thought he was the hottest thing since salsa. Lol, I think he was my first crush, ever. Anyway, the man behind Proto Zoa was actually Phillip Rhys.



If you watch the vid, hes the guy with the frosted tips. Yeah, I liked a guy with frosted tips. I can't even believe it myself. I was such a little nerd.

Well, I guess it's time to link to seven people:
Mom, of course.
Flip
Magazine Man
Art Lad
Rurality
Ciara
and Chuck
I don't have a seventh person to do the meme, so it's up for grabs if anyone wants it. Just leave me a comment and let me know so I can update my post.
Thanks guys. ^.^

Ok, so I guess it's time for me to go and post those comments!!

TTYL.

-Twinks

Currently listening to: Kelsey by Metro Station

5 comments:

ciara said...

i promise to do it soon..i just finished one of a similar nature, but now you gave me some ideas for the next one. my oldest daughter, who's 11 as your remember, is being classified as emo by her friends and it would get her riled up lol but, she's scene, emo, punk, etc all rolled into one. labels are not cool, but i did tell her she's a 'mutt' when it comes to that. LOL she is the ONLY kid in her school who dresses like she does. metro station is one of her all time faves, and she listens to a LOT of what you have listed on your side bar. she's a lot like you, but just not up there in maturity, though she is more mature than most of the kids her age...does that make sense? i told her that she should check out your blog sometime as you write well and seem to have a good head on your shoulders at only 14. ummm, you wouldn't want a pen pal would you? lol she's desperate for one.

Chuck said...

Argh, a meme is it? Well, I need to post something on my blog anyhow, and this should help in that regard. I will try and get it done in the next couple of days.

ciara said...

i think you'd be good w flash fiction 55. every wk on fridays those who participate create a story in EXACTLY 55 words. it's hard to do sometimes! LOL if you're ever interested, you can check it out on my blog or g-man's http://g-man-mrknowitall.blogspot.com

all of us who participate visit each others blogs and comment. great bunch of peeps.

p.s. that's only if your mom is o.k. w it. :)

Thimbelle said...

Alright. I did it.

I love you best and most!

XO

Mom/Thim :)

Twinkie said...

Ciara - Ok, cool. Take your time. Lol, yeah, I'm the only one in my school who dresses the way I do. I understand the whole labeling thing too. Sure, penpalling sounds fine. ^.^ just have her email me at thetwinkie@sbcglobal.net (I check my email about once every two days, so I'll try and get back to her ASAP)

Chuck - Haha, ok. Sorry, but you're one of the few blogging people I know that has not yet been tagged...

Ciara(again) - Lol, ok. I'll check it out!

Mom - Thanks!! Yay, mom did a meme!!!