9.14.2008

"We're one mistake from being together..."

A lyric from Seventeen Forever, one of Metro Station's singles.
I would just like to point out that I was listening to them WAYYY before they became an MTV band. **sigh** And I had high hopes for them... But then again, even Slipknot has turned into an MTV band....

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Sorry for not posting in a while. I didn't realize how long it had been until I discovered I had been tagged for TWO memes, and I hadn't done either one of them.

But, before we get to the meme(s), I have to catch you all up on whats been going on in my not-so-exciting life.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

School grades in general are OK. Nothing really terrible, but there is room for improvement. I had a few beginning of the year slip-ups. But I know if I work hard and don't fall too far behind, I'll bring everything back up to its normal all-A status.

My social life has been good. Everything has been calm with my friends. (which is really unusual. Normally by now there will have been some big drama within our group of friends.) But I am uber-happy this year because I've made friends with a bunch of upperclassmen. Even Jr's and Sr's!

As for boys in general, things are looking up. Not giving details, but there is a particular guy that I've got my eye on, and he told me that he really likes me too. We met at my best friend's bowling party, and according to her, he told her that he hasn't stopped thinking about me ever since. :-) But, if things don't work out, I've already decided that I'm not gonna be sad or anything. There's no point. I'm only 14. (and a half) I don't really need a boyfriend, I just want one. :-)

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

And now, onto the memes.

First, to Sully's dismay, I must do Tam's meme first. I've put it off for far too long.
I actually got tagged by a meme I had already done, but I figured, hey, what the heck. I'm up for it. ^.^

OK, here are the rules (again):

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog; some random, some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Ok, well I linked to Tam up there, so let's go on to the facts...

1. I've never been to a football game.
In my town, football is our biggest sport. Everyone has been to a home football game... except for me. I'm just not that much into sports, and I've never seen any point in going. According to my friends, they never really end up watching the game. They just pay $5 to hang out and eat pizza. So, yeah, I'm officially a nerd. Or maybe just not a football fan. Either way, I haven't been.

2. I attract nerdy boys.
**shivers** I promise this will be the last mention of boys and relationships in this post. But it's true. For some reason, only nerdy, weird, not-so-hot geek boys like me. I've gotten asked out by 3 nerds just this year. I don't get why hot, muscular, not-wimpy guys can't seem to find me attractive, and yet the whole WOW club wants to date me. And its not even the cute nerds. Its the scary, TRIPP pants wearing, goth-nerds.

3. My favorite band is Papa Roach.
Now, long-time readers probably already know this, but I'm a Papa Roach fan. I have all their CD's, even the cruddy ones. I know the lyrics to all their songs, and I know almost every known fact about the band and its members. Did you know that they named the band after Jacoby Shaddix's (lead singer) grandfather? Did you know that Jacoby has two sons, that are both as cute as buttons? Yeah, I'm their biggest fan. Or almost. I'm not like scary stalker-crazy. But I do love their music. Both old and new. I wish they could play at my sweet 16...

4. I used to have really long hair.
As you all have seen from some recent pics of me, I have a really short haircut. But, it hasn't always been that way. When I was younger (like 5-9 years old) I had really long, straight, boring hair. As I got older I started to cut it shorter. I haven't had long hair since my 9th birthday. I am thinking of growing it out, though. I think it would be nice to have long hair for my prom.

Sorry Tam, but I don't have a 5, a 6, or a 7. I'm out of interesting facts. This just proves that I am NOT an interesting person! I am a boring, average, normal teenager! Ha!

I'm out of people to tag - everyone I know has already done this at least once!

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

And now, onto Sully's meme.

Here are the rules:

My Life - The Movie

If you had to select celebrities/actors to play the parts in t
he story of your life today (including yourself), who would it be and why - this can be based on looks or personality.

1. List the people who would play you, and the key people in your life.
2. Give credit to the person who
tagged you.
3. Tag four new people to participate.

Well, I know I would want Ellen Page play me. We have about the same sense of humor, and she looks kinda like me.




























For my yet-to-be-named husband (yes, I'm going to have a husband in this movie.) I would totally give the part to Billy Martin, the keyboardist/bassist of Good Charlotte. Not only is he totally cute, he also has a good sense of humor, and he's a vegetarian. Plus he's an amazing songwriter.





























For my mom, I'd let Audrey Hepburn play her. She's my mom's favorite actress, plus she's uber pretty, just like my mommy. ^.^























For my dad, I'd probably have Tom Selleck play him. I don't really know why... It just seems to fit.

























And for my grandmother... I'd let Julie Andrews play her. I think she could portray her part of the caring, music-loving grandmother quite well.
























My friends would probably end up being various people from rock/alternative bands, considering all of us are pretty musical and creative.














[Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach]





























[Hayley Williams of Paramore]





















[Amy Lee of Evanescence]


























[Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance]






























[Trace Cyrus of Metro Station]



I don't know who to tag for this meme. My mom already told me that she won't do it! So, if you want to, let me know in the comments.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Well, I guess that's it.

TTYL

-Twinks

Currently listening to: Sound of Madness by Shinedown

4 comments:

Suldog said...

Thanks for playing along!

Twinkie said...

Lol, no problem. It was fun. :-)

Chuck said...

Wow, it's meme central around here.

Twinkie said...

Yeah, no kidding. :)