10.27.2010

Winter play,

As mentioned in the last post, I auditioned for my school's winter production of "The Importance of Being Earnest." (Which, despite my original excitement, is evidently the "play that all high schools do, at one point or another." Mom's words exactly.)
So, I auditioned with my one minute monologue from "Breakfast at Tiffany's," the book, not the movie. And I got called back.
Callbacks were nerve-racking, to say the least. I had been called back for smaller plays before, but never for our school's second-most top selling show of the year. (Only beaten out by the musical.) I was one of the top four actresses of the 11 that were called back. (Two of our best actresses couldn't be in the show, which was probably the only reason I even got called back. But I digress..) DramaTeacher only made me do cold readings for one role: Cecily. One of two of the female leads in the show. I was ecstatic, to say the least. My first big-time show, and I was going to get the lead!
This is the part where I should have told myself not to get my hopes up, because doing that hurts everyone, inevitably, at one point or another. But I did get my hopes up. Oh geeze, were my hopes high. I went to check the cast list the next morning, reassuring myself that I would totally get the part of Cecily.
I didn't get the part, to say the least. I actually got the second-smallest part. Miss Prism, the old, blind governess. I'm not too upset anymore. I've accepted the fact that DT thought that the sophomore, who had never been in a play in her life, who didn't even know which way stage left and right were, was the best actor for the role of Cecily.
So maybe I'm still a little bitter. I'll be okay. I got a part, and that's what matters.

We finally got to act two today durning rehearsals. Being an old blind lady is alot harder than i thought it would be. Especially when I have to hold a giant script in one hand and a walking stick (that is as tall as I am) in the other.

Being a teenage girl has its downfalls. I unfortunately found one today: I over think things without meaning to. In fact, I don't even realize I am over thinking until someone else points it out to me. I was discussing BossMan with Jelly, rambling on about something, and she stopped me, quite bluntly saying, "Would you just shut up and ask him out already?!" I tried to argue, saying that my fear of rejection far outweighs my boldness, or ability to ask anyone out. She shrugged this off, calling it "merely trivial." And right now this second, as I'm making this post, I'm over thinking things. Boys are not confusing. Girls make them out to be because every little thing they do, we mull over and think about until we blow it way out of proportion.

Also, I may have tonsillitis. Or allergies. I'm not sure which. I will get back to you on that one.


More, later.
-Twinks

1 comment:

Thimbelle said...

"And right now this second, as I'm making this post, I'm over thinking things."

I'm so proud! My little Twinks, growing up! ;)

You and I *both* do that. (And we aren't alone - lots of people do, whether they admit it or not)

The trick, I think, is to be able recognize it (like you did!) and then adjust accordingly.

XO Mommy :)