12.29.2011

I'm still here!

..barely.

Once I realized I hadn't posted here in over a year, it started to sink in that maybe I should sit down and write a post.

I won't go into detail about what has happened over the last year - most of the big stuff mom has covered on her blog. Suffice it to say, I'm a senior. I have a boyfriend. I'm in the school musical. And I will be starting college in mere weeks.

So lets break it down:



Senior year:
School this year has been pretty great. I pulled my head out of my ass, and started making good grades again, which is always a positive thing. I came out of last semester with 5 A's and 1 C (which shouldn't even count, because it was a Physics class taught by a wrestling
coach. I mean, really?) I've been heavily involved in theatre, and I've decided what I want to be when I grow up. (A CPA, for those of you who are wondering.) Although it's a bit frightening, saying "When I grow up.." considering that I'll be turning 18 in 5 weeks...



Boyfriend!:








He's pretty damn great. I don't really know what else to say, I mean, that really sums it up. He's smart as a whip, handsome, funny. He's pretty much the whole package. He's 20 (turning 21 in 3 weeks) so the age difference has taken some getting used to. (i.e. he refuses to show any affection towards me in public. God forbid we hold hands, the cops might tackle him to the ground.) But it's nice. I'd rather have someone who's overly-careful, then some guy who' all over me. I'm actually kinda sorta in love with the kid. I didn't want to believe it at first - falling in love is scary as hell. But I am. I've just accepted it and moved on. But he kinda sorta loves me too, so its okay. :)




School Musical:
I got the part of Frenchy in Grease. So that's exciting. There's not much else to talk about here, considering we haven't really even started rehearsing yet. I'm excited, but at the same time I know how stressful it will be, so I'm trying to pace myself accordingly.



College:
We have this thing at my high school called concurrent enrollment. Basically, you drop one or two of your current high school classes so you can take a college class (at the local community college) in their place. So, I dropped my godawful physics class so I could get a head start on my college. I'm taking American Sign Language I. It has absolutely nothing to do with my future career, or anything, I just think its a good skill to know. Also, we've done several plays over the past few years at my high school that involved sign language, and I really think it's a brilliant way of communication. So I'm excited.




There's your big update, everyone. I won't make any promises about how often I'll be posting, but hopefully it will be more frequently than this past year...

Lots of love,
Twinks.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Hey Twinks! Good to see ya! Glad life is going well for you. I'm still single myself, and appear to be a perpetual bachelor, but I never say never. I will try doing a "year in review" post tomorrow on my blog which is in desperate need of an update. My younger nephew is getting his accounting degree and working on a CPA - he seems to be quite happy with it. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your senior year and college!

Suldog said...

Hi, Twinks. Just decided to check out some blogs I used to go to, to see if there was anything new, and there (sorta, kinda) was here, so I was made happy.

I hope all is still going well for you. You've got a lot in your favor - intelligence, a pretty face, common sense - so I expect that whatever happens, you'll have a grip on it.

God bless!